There are many inexpensive, easy-to-use natural alternatives which can safely be used in place of commercial household products. Here is a list of common, environmentally safe products which can be used alone or in combination for a wealth of household applications.
• Baking Soda – cleans, deodorizes, softens water, scours.
• Soap – unscented soap in liquid form, flakes, powders or bars is biodegradable and will clean just about anything. Avoid using soaps which contain petroleum distillates.
• Lemon – one of the strongest food-acids, effective against most household bacteria.
• Borax – (sodium borate) cleans, deodorizes, disinfects, softens water, cleans wallpaper, painted walls and floors.
• White Vinegar – cuts grease, removes mildew, odors, some stains and wax build-up.
• Cornstarch – can be used to clean windows, polish furniture, shampoo carpets and rugs.
• Citrus Solvent – cleans paint brushes, oil and grease, some stains. (Citrus solvent may cause skin, lung or eye irritations for people with multiple chemical sensitivities.)
Of course, you can go down the “cleaning aisle” at the store, and spend a fortune on household products. But these can irritate your skin, your eyes and your wallet. Instead, simply make your own cleaner and see how easy it is to do and how clean and shiny your bathroom is after your done. Remember to label your products with permanent marker for safety.
Always Wear Gloves
Even if you are using natural products to clean your shower and your entire bathroom, it is still sensible to wear some gloves. The constant moisture can wreak mayhem on your hands and nails. And who wants to wreck that wonderful manicure. Protect yourself and keep a pair of reusable cleaning gloves under the bathroom sink.
Squeegee…isn’t just a fun word to say
Your water can leave a white film residue on your glass shower doors and it can easily be preventing by investing in a decent squeegee. You can pick one up at most stores or home improvement centers. Just taking a few seconds while drying off after your shower, will save you a lot of time in long run.
Of course, Reflections Cleaning is always available to do the cleaning for you, and they are just a call away.